What is AntiVirus software?
AntiVirus software is a set of computer programs that attempt to identify and
removes software that
could harm your computer and the information that is stored on it.
Beside computer viruses your computer should be protected against Trojan horses,
worms, phishing attacks
and other malware. Read more about AntiVirus
About Computer Viruses
- A computer virus is a computer program that is written by a malicious author
- They spread by copying themselves, then transferring on to other computers
- There are around 53,000 computer viruses in existence, with a new one detected every 18
- A computer virus can do anything from popping up a short message to wiping key files so
your computer doesn't work
- The "ILOVEYOU" virus infected up to 45 million computers, causing billions
dollars worth of damage world-wide
Read more about computer viruses
How to Avoid Viruses ?
To avoid those nasty computer viruses there are a few simple tips for you that
will eliminate about 80%
percent of the attacks on your computer;
Most important!!! Make backups on a regular base, it may be the only way to recover
You should backup your entire system on a regular basis, however if this is not
practical, at least backup
files that you can’t afford to lose: documents, bookmark files, address books,
Read more how to avoid viruses
Computer Virus Removal
Computer viruses are a real pain in the ass! Deleting and repairing infected
files can be challenging, but not impossible.
Follow the steps below for general instructions on how to remove computer viruses
from an infected computer.
A few signs of virus infections:
system reboots or slowdowns, computer will not boot, files disappearing.
Read more how to remove a virus from you computer